What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows us to recognise and remember you. It is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive or tablet or mobile device. When you visit our sites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our site
- Showing you content that is relevant to you
- Showing you Celebrity Speakers products and services that are relevant to you
Other organisations also collect user information on our sites through cookies, tags and pixels. Tags and pixels, also known as web beacons, are similar to cookies but are collected through embedded images.
Using cookies and other technology allows other organisations to help us to analyse how our site is being used, measure the number of visitors to the site.
Cookies that are used by Celebrity Speakers India are referred to as “first-party cookies” and those that are used by our partners are “third-party cookies”. Because of how cookies work, our website cannot access third-party cookies; nor can other organisations access the data in the cookies we use on our website. There are more details about both in the following sections.
What types of cookies do we use ?
We use four types of cookies, which we describe in this section.
- Essential – cookies that are essential to provide you with services you have requested. If you set your browser to block these cookies, then these functions and services will not work for you. In particular, we won’t be able to save your preferences about cookies.
- Performance - cookies which measure how often you visit our sites and how you use them. We use this information to get a better sense of how our users engage with our Speakers and to improve our site, so that users have a better experience. For example, we collect information about which of our pages are most frequently visited, and by which types of users. We also use third-party cookies to help with performance. For example, the Google Analytics cookie gives us information such as your journey between pages and whether you have downloaded anything (details of how to opt out of it are below).
- Functionality – cookies that are used to recognize you and remember your preferences or settings when you return to our site, so that we can provide you with a more personalized experience.
- Advertising – cookies that are used to collect information about your visit to our site, the content you have viewed, the links you have followed and information about your browser, device and your IP address. We have set out more details on this below.
Celebrity Speakers India also uses 3rd party vendor re-marketing tracking cookies, including the Google Adwords tracking cookie. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the internet, specifically on the Google Content Network (GCN). As always we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other 3rd party remarketing system.
Third Part Cookies
We also use third party cookies on our Sites that fall into the categories above (“third party cookies”) for the following reasons:
- to help us monitor traffic on our Sites (like many companies, we use Google Analytics to do this);
- to identify fraudulent or non-human traffic;
- to assist with market research;
- to improve Site functionality;
- to monitor compliance with our terms and conditions and copyright policy.
Celebrity Speakers India does not control the use of these cookies and cannot access them, as cookies can only be accessed by the party who originally set them. You should check the third party websites for more information about these cookies.
HOW TO CONTROL YOUR COOKIES
There are various ways that you can control and manage your cookies which are discussed in a bit more detail below. Please remember that any settings you change will not just affect Celebrity Speakers India cookies. These changes will apply to all websites that you visit (unless you choose to block cookies from particular sites). The settings you change will also only apply to the device on which you change them and will not apply across all your devices. If you want to opt out of cookies on all your devices, you will need to change the settings on all your devices individually.
Managing cookies in your browser
Most modern browsers will allow you to:
• See what cookies you've got and delete them on an individual basis.
• Block third party cookies.
• Block all cookies from being set.
• Delete all cookies when you close your browser.
You should be aware that any preferences will be lost if you delete all cookies. Ironically, this includes where you have opted out from cookies, as this requires an opt-out cookie to be set. This means that if you opt out from cookies and then delete all cookies, your opt out will not be saved and you will need to opt out again (which will store a strictly necessary cookie so that your device can remember that you have opted out).
If you block cookies completely, many websites will not work properly and some functionality on these websites will not work at all. We do not recommend turning cookies off when using our Services for these reasons.
The links below take you to the ‘Help' sections for each of the major browsers so that you can find out more about how to manage your cookies.
http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647 (opens in a new window)
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies (opens in a new window)
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_GB (opens in a new window) (opens in a new window)
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265 (opens in a new window)
http://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2392971?hl=en-GB (opens in a new window)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/ (opens in a new window)
Managing analytics cookies
It is possible to opt out of having your browsing activity recorded by analytics cookies. Celebrity Speakers India uses the following analytics providers and you can opt out of their cookies by clicking on the following links. Please note that this will take you to the relevant third party's website and generate a ‘no thanks' cookie, which will stop any further cookies being set by those third parties.
Don't forget that by not allowing analytics cookies, this stops us from being able to learn what people like or don't like about Celebrity Speakers India and our other Services, so that we can make them better.
http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (opens in a new window)
Last Updated 30 May 2018